[Home ] [Archive]   [ فارسی ]  
:: Main :: About :: Current Issue :: Archive :: Search :: Submit :: Contact ::
Main Menu
Journal Information::
Articles archive::
For Authors::
For Reviewers::
Contact us::
Site Facilities::
Search in website

Advanced Search
Receive site information
Enter your Email in the following box to receive the site news and information.
:: Volume 23, Issue 2 (9-2021) ::
علوم زراعی 2021, 23(2): 184-197 Back to browse issues page
Evaluation of adaptability and grain yield stability of rice (Oryza sativa L.) promising lines using GGE biplot
Maryam Hosseini Chaleshtori , Hosein Rahim Soroush , Mehrzad Allahgholipour , Massoud Kavoosi , Mohammadreza Yazdani , Farzad Majidi , Kobra Tajaddodi Talab , Seyedeh Fatemeh Danyali
Asssistant Prof., Rice Research Institute of Iran, Agricultural Research, Education and Extension Organization, Rasht, Iran
Abstract:   (1617 Views)
The investigation of adaptability and grain yield stability of promising lines is important in dvevelopment and release of new cultivars. Eight rice promising lines developed by crossing local cultivars including; Hashemi, Domsiah, Alikazemi and Deylamani with improved cultivars including; Khazar, Kados and IR60 with optimal yield along with Khazar, Hashemi and Guilaneh as check cultivars were evaluated using randomized complete block design with three replications in six environments (years 2018, 2019 and 2020 and locations Rasht and Chaparsar), Iran. The results of GGE biplot showed that the first component (main effect of genotype) and second component (genotype × environment) explained 61% and 21% (overall 82%) of the total variation in grain yiled, respectively. The results of ranking based on grain yield and yield stability together and in comparison with the ideal genotype indicated that the most superior genotype was G7 (Deylamani/Kados), followed by genotypes G3 (Domsiah/Khazar//Khazar), G8 (Domsiah/Khazar//Domsiah) and G2 (Hashemi/IR60//Hashemi). Therefore, genotypes G7 and G3 were selected as the most adaptable with yield stability for being released as new rice cultivars for target environments. G7 was developed from a cross between Kados, an improved and high-yielding cultivar, and Deylmani, a local and high-quality cultivar, with an average yield of 7.25 ± 0.14 tons per hectare. G3 was dveloped from a cross between Khazar, a high-yielding cultivar, and Domsiah, a local cultivar. G3 was bred with the aim of maintaining the favorable characteristics of cv. Khazar and improving the quality of its cooking through cross with Domsiah, and its average yield was 6.51 ± 0.21 tons per hectare. Both genotypes G7 and G3, with high grain quality (amylose content of 22.02 and 22.09, gel consistency of 42 and 40, gelatinization temperature of 4.71 and 3.96, grain elongation rate of 1.60 and 1.57 for genotypes G7 and G3, respectively) and medium maturity (125.34 and 122.14 from sowing, respectively) can be released as new rice cultivars for target areas.
Keywords: Amylose content, Grain quality, Rice, Yield stability analysis and GGE biplot
Full-Text [PDF 875 kb]   (9372 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Scientific & Research | Subject: Special
Received: 2021/01/3 | Accepted: 2021/05/13 | Published: 2021/09/1
Send email to the article author

Add your comments about this article
Your username or Email:


XML   Persian Abstract   Print

Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Hosseini Chaleshtori M, Rahim Soroush H, Allahgholipour M, Kavoosi M, Yazdani M, Majidi F, et al . Evaluation of adaptability and grain yield stability of rice (Oryza sativa L.) promising lines using GGE biplot. علوم زراعی 2021; 23 (2) :184-197
URL: http://agrobreedjournal.ir/article-1-1166-en.html

Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Volume 23, Issue 2 (9-2021) Back to browse issues page
نشریه علوم زراعی ایران Iranian Journal of Crop Sciences
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.05 seconds with 37 queries by YEKTAWEB 4657