1. Abbasi Seyahjani, E., F. Farahvash, H. Kazemi Arbat and M. Khorshidi Benam. 2012. Effect of drought stress on seed yield and some morpho-physiological traits of sunflower. Environ. Stresses Crop Sci. 5 (2): 190-196. (In Persian with English abstract).
2. Akbari, Gh. A., H. Jabbari, J. Daneshian, I. Alahdadi and N. Shahbazian. 2008. The Effect of limited irrigation on seed physical characteristics in sunflower hybrids. J. Crop Prod. Proc. 12 (45): 513-523.
3. (In Persian with English abstract).
4. Akcay. S. and N. Dagdelen. 2016. Water use efficiency, yield and yield components of second crop sunflower under deficit irrigation. Turk. J. Field Crops. 21(2): 190-199. [DOI:10.17557/tjfc.05690
5. Andrianasolo, F. N., P. Casadebaig, E. Maza, L. Champolivier, P. Maury and P. Debaeke. 2014. Prediction of sunflower grain oil concentration as a function of variety, crop management and environment using statistical models. Eur. J. Agron. 54: 84-96. [DOI:10.1016/j.eja.2013.12.002
6. Blum, A. 1979. Genetic improvement for drought resistance in crop plants: A case for sorghum. p. 430-445. In: Musell, H. and R. C. Staples (Eds.). Stress Physiology in Crop Plants. John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, USA.
7. Daneshian, J. and H. Jabbari. 2009. Effect of limited irrigation and plant density on morphological characteristics and grain yield in a dwarf sunflower hybrid (CMS26×R103) as second crop. Iran. J. Crop Sci. 10 (40): 377-388. (In Persian with English abstract).
8. Daneshian, J., H. Jabbari and A. Farokhi. 2007. Sunflower yield and yield components responses to water stress under different densities. Agric. Res. 7 (3): 129 -140. (In Persian with English abstract).
9. Dehkhoda, A., M. R. Naderidarbaghshahi, A. Rezaei and B. Majdnasiri. 2013. Effect of water deficiency stress on yield and yield component of sunflower cultivars in Isfahan. Int. J. Farming and Allied Sci. 2 (2): 1319-1324.
10. Doddamani, I. K., S. A. Patil and R. L. Ravikumar. 1997. Relationship autogamy and self fertility with seed yield and yield components in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). Helia, 20: 95-102.
11. Fereres, W., C. Gimenez and J. M. Femandez. 1986. Genetic variability in sunflower cultivars under drought, yield relationships. Aust. J. Agric. Res. 37: 573-582. [DOI:10.1071/AR9860573
12. Gholinezhad, E., A. Aynaband, A. Hassanzade Ghorthapeh, G. Noormohamadi and I. Bernousi. 2012. Effects of drought stress, nitrogen amounts and plant densities on grain yield, rapidity and period of grain filling in sunflower. J. Sus. Agric. Prod. Sci. 22 (1): 129-143. (In Persian with English abstract).
13. Hussain, M., Sh. Farooq, W. Hasan, S. Ul-Allah, M. Tanveer, M. Farooq and A. Nawazd. 2018. Drought stress in sunflower: physiological effects and its management through breeding and agronomic alternatives. Agric.Water Manage. 201: 152-166. [DOI:10.1016/j.agwat.2018.01.028
14. Hussain, S., M. Ahmad, S. Ahmad, J. Iqbal, M N. Subhani, S. M. Nadeem and M. Ibrahim. 2013a. Improvement of drought tolerance in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) by foliar application of abscisic acid and potassium chloride. Pak. J. Nutr. 12 (4): 345-352. [DOI:10.3923/pjn.2013.345.352
15. Ibrahim, M. F. M., A. Faisal and S. A. Shehata. 2016. Calcium chloride alleviates water stress in sunflower plants through modifying some physio-biochemical parameters. Am.-Eurasia. J. Agric. Environ. Sci. 16 (4): 677-693.
16. Jaleel, A. C., P. Manivannan, A. Wahid, M. Farooq, H. J. Al-Juburi, R. Somasundaram and R. Paneerselvam. 2009. Drought stress in plants: a review on morphological characteristics and pigments composition. Int. J. Agric. Biol. 11: 100-105.
17. Karimzade Asl, K. H., D. Mazaheri and S. A. Peighambari. 2003. Effect of four irrigation intervals on the seed yield and quantitative characteristics of three sunflower cultivars. Iran. J. Agric. Sci. 34 (2): 293-301. (In Persian with English abstract).
18. Khan, A., M. Iqbal, I. Ahmad, N. Iqbal and M. Hussain. 2000. Effect of different water stress levels on yield and oil contents of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) cultivars. Pak. J. Biol. Sci. 3 (10): 1632-1633. [DOI:10.3923/pjbs.2000.1632.1633
19. Khomari, S., K. Ghasemi Golezani, H. Aliari, S. Zehtab Salmasi and A. Dabagh Mohamadi nasab. 2008. Effect of irrigation disruption on phenology and grain yield of three sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) cultivars in Tabriz. J. Agric. Sci. Natur. Resour. 14(6):1-7. (In Persian with English abstract).
20. Krizmanić, M., I. Liović, A. Mijić, G. Krizmanić, B. Šimić, T. Duvnjak, M. Bilandžić, R. Marinković, D. Gadžo and A. Markulj. 2012: Effect of environment on quantitative traits of new sunflower hybrids. Sjemenarstvo, 29 (3-4): 121-135.
21. Mobasser, H. R. and A. Tavassoli. 2013. Effect of water stress on quantitative and qualitative characteristics of yield of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). J. Novel Appl. Sci. 2(9): 299-302.
22. Nezami, A., H. R. Khazaei, Z. Boroumand Rezazadeh and A. Hosseini. 2008. Effects of drought stress and defoliation on sunflower (Helianthus annuus) in controlled conditions. Desert, 12: 99-104.
23. Ouk, M., F. Shu, F. Ken, B. Jaya, C. Mark and N. Harry. 2003. Routine selection for drought resistance in rain fed lowland rice (Oryza sativa L.) in Cambodia. Proceeding The International Conference on Research on Water in Agriculture, 25-28 November, CARDI, Cambodia.
24. Patanè, C., S. L. Cosentino and U. Anastasi. 2017. Sowing time and irrigation scheduling effects on seed yield and fatty acids profile of sunflower in semi-arid climate. Int. J. Plant Prod. 11 (1): 17-32.
25. Pekcan, V., G. Evci, M. L. Yilmaz, AS. Balkan Nalcaiyi, SC. Erdal, N. Cicek, NY. Ekmekci and Y. Kaya. 2016. Drought effects on yield traits of some sunflower inbreds. Agric. Forestry. 61(4): 101-107. [DOI:10.17707/AgricultForest.61.4.10
26. Rauf, S. 2008. Breeding sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) for drought tolerance. Commun. Biometr. Crop Sci. 3(1): 29-44.
27. Reddy, A. R., K. V. Chaitanya and M. Vivekanandan. 2004. Drought induced responses of photosynthesis and antioxidant metabolism in higher plants. J. Plant Physiol. 161: 1189-1202. [DOI:10.1016/j.jplph.2004.01.013
28. Robert, G. A., M. Rajasekar and P. Manivannan. 2016. Triazole-induced drought stress amelioration on growth yield, and pigments composition of Helianthus annuus L. (sunflower). Int. Multidiscip. Res. J. 5: 6-15. [DOI:10.1007/s13204-015-0482-y
29. Roshdi, M. and R. Sasandoost. 2004. A study of different irrigation levels effect on quantitative and qualitative of sunflower cultivars. Iran. J. Agric. Sci. 36 (5): 1241-1250. (In Persian with English abstract).
30. Roshdi, M., H. Heydari Sharifabad, G. Noor Mohammadi and F. Darvish. 2007. A Survey on the impact of water deficiency over the yield of sunflower seed cultivar and its components. J. Agric. Sci. 12 (1): 109-122. (In Persian with English abstract).
31. Tabatabei, S. A., V. Rafieie, E. Shekari and A. Salmani. 2012. Responses of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) to deficit irrigate different growth stages. Int. J. Agric. Res. Rev. 2 (5): 624-629.
32. USDA. 2016. United States Department of Agriculture's National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference.
33. Yadollahi, P., M. R. Asgharipour, H. Marvane, N. Kheiri and A. Amiri. 2017. The effects of drought stress on grain and oil yield of two cultivars of sunflower. J. Crop Sci. Res. Arid Regions. 1(1): 65-76. (In Persian with English abstract).